Dr. Iyengar, Ryder Professor and Director of Knight Foundation School of Computing & Information Sciences at FIU is the Founding Editor-in-Chief for the journal entitled “International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks” published by Taylor and Francis/CRC Press. The focus of this journal will be to develop a theoretical as well as applications to real systems that seems necessary for distributed sensor networks to achieve its full potential. In 2011, the journal transferred administrative control to the Hindawi Publishing Corporation.
Founding Editor-in-Chief, S.S. Iyengar PhD
Knight Foundation School of Computing & Information Sciences
Florida International University
11200 S.W. 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199. USA
Associated Editor, R. R. Brooks Ph. D.
Head Distributed Systems Department.
Penn State University
Applied Research Laboratory
P. O. Box 30 State College, PA 16804-0030
Associate Editor Dr. Günter Karjoth (Europe)
IBM Research GmbH
Zurich Research Laboratory
CH-8803 Ruschlikon, Switzerland
Editorial Advisory Board
Ian F.Akyildiz, Georgia Tech.
Juris Hartmanis, Cornell University
Sri Kumar, DARPA
Jim Kurose, Univ. of Massachusetts
Raj Reddy, Carnegie Mellon University
Ed Siedel, CCT, Louisiana State University
Dr. Iyengar has served on the Editorial Board of:
- ACM Computing Surveys (Editor, 2013-Present)
- Forth Coming Special Issue in the Journal of Sensors – Real-Time Control in a Big Sensor Data Network -2013
- International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing, Inderscience Publishers, (2005 – Present)
- International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (2004 – Present)
IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (2004)
- Prestigious National Research Council (NRC) Review Panel in Basic Sciences and Engineering (August 2001-2003)
- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (2003 – Present)
- IEEE Transactions on Computers (2003- Present)
- Sensor Processing Letters, 2003, American Scientific Publications Co.
- The Computing: The Official Journal from Russia and Ukraine, 2002
- International Journal of High-Performance Computing Applications (2001)
- Journal of American Society for Information Science (2001)IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (2000 – Present)
- Journal of the Franklin Institute (1995 – Present)
- Journal of Theoretical Computer Science (1994)
- Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering (1993)
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (1991)
- IEEE Computer Magazine (1989)
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (1988)
Other Professional Services of Dr. Iyengar:
- Member of 2013 NAE-FOEE to “Enhance the Recruitment/Retention/Professional Success of Engineering Students”.
- Air-Force Research Lab in partnership with FIU (2014)
- Establishment of Research Collaboration between FIU and IHMC (2013)
- Ignition of Research Collaboration between FIU and Brazil in the area of Future Internet Architecture (FIA). This research and development are for more conservatively and high impact research collaborations in two countries (2012).
- Establishment of Discovery Lab and Visualization Lab at FIU (2011)
- Member of the European Sensor Networking 2002 Commission.
- Member of the Research Advisory Panel NIH (National Institute of Health) -NLM (National Library of Medicine), 1993-1997.
- Distinguished Visiting Lecturer in Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)(2000 – present)
- Member of the Navy Higher Education Consortium Council for Navy Information Technology Center located at University of New Orleans (1998-99).
- Member of the Research Advisory Group in Physical Sciences at LSU (1995-1997): Appointed by Vice Chancellor of Research (1995)
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Department of Computer Science of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville (1996-98)
- NSF Review Panel Member on Intelligent Control Projects, July 7 – 9, 1992.
- Member of the National Science Foundation selects panel for reviewing research proposals on Neural Networks (April 2-4, 1989)
- Association for Computer Machinery (ACM) National Lecturer (1986 – 1995)
- Member of the Panel of Judges for the best paper award in the Annual Computer Simulation Symposium, Tampa, Florida, 1976.
- Visiting Professor at the University of Paris, University of Kuwait, Indian Institute of Science, ORNL, JPL-Cal.Tech. and Others.