Skip to content
- Awarded the Most Distinguished Ramamoorthy Award at the Society for Design and Process Science (SDPS) Conference (2017)
- Received Honorary Doctorate; “Ph.D. (h.c.), Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications” (2017)
- Nominated for Florida Inventors Hall of Fame (2016-2017)
- Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering(AIMBE -2017) for outstanding contributions to the development of distributed computational algorithms
- IBM Distinguished Faculty Award (2013)
- Fellow of the Society for Design and Process Sign (SDPS) and presented at the Eighth Biennial World Conference on Integrated Design & Process Technology, June 12-16, 2005, Beijing, China for contributions to sensor networks.
- Fellow of Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) (2002)
Citation: For fundamental research and contributions in algorithms and data structures for applications in parallel computing, image processing, sensor fusion and robotics, and for services to ACM.
- Fellow of American Association for Advancement of Science (AAAS) (2000) Citation: For outstanding contributions to data structures and algorithms for image processing and signal/sensor fusion problems.
- Fellow of National Academy of Inventors (NAI) (2012) Citation: For support and commitment to advancing technological development and innovation.
- Fellow of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (1995)
Citation: For research contributions in the area of high-performance algorithms and data structures for applications in the field of image processing, Robotics, and Distributed Sensor Integration.
- NASA Faculty Fellow, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Caltech., (summer 1990) Host: Dr.Chuck Weisbin.
- Elected Member of the European Academy of Sciences (EAS) in Computer Sciences (July 24, 2002)
Citation: For an outstanding contribution to science and technology.
- Elected Member of New York Academy of Science (January 1996 – Present)
- IEEE Computer Society Golden Core Membership (2000)
Citation: As one of the distinguished core of dedicated volunteers and staff whose leadership and service have made the IEEE Computer Society the world’s preeminent association of computing professionals.
- IEEE Distinguished Visitor (1995-98)
- Awarded the NRI Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Medal at the House of Lords in London in October 2013. [Article]
- Dr. Iyengar Lifetime Achievement Award Conferred by ISAM(International Society of Agile Manufacturing ) IIT-Banaras Hindu University for his lifelong contribution to the fields of Engineering and Computer Science, December 17, 2012. [Picture 1, Picture 2]
- Dr. Iyengar received Best Computer Science Faculty of 2012 on December 30th, 2012, Pondicherry at the conference on ASDF Conference on Global Awards. [Picture]
- Dr. Iyengar and Nulogix received Florida Innovation Award, 2012
Dr. Iyengar and Nulogix were awarded the third prize in the 2012 Innovation 2 Industry (i2i) Florida competition. The innovative and patented technology invented by the team enables a person to see changes in intraocular pressure by observing their eye using a small handheld device. [“Funding the Dream”, Harbor Style Magazine – June]
- Dr. Iyengar received The Association of Scientist and Developers and Faculty Award, 2012
The Association of Scientist and Developers and Faculty (ASDF) award 2012 committee has selected for distinguished faculty in India. This is in recognition is for mentoring and reviewing over 60 Ph.D. thesis in Indian Universities, which includes IISc, IIT’s, ISI, Calcutta and various universities in India.
- Dr. Iyengar received Distinguished Alumnus Award from University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering- Bangalore, India, January 2-3, 2011
- Dr. Iyengar received Distinguished Research Award from Xiamen University, China for his research in Sensor Networks, Computer Vision, and Image Processing
- ATLAS – 2010, The Academy of Transdisciplinary Learning and Advanced Studies, Georgetown Texas, has elected Dr.Iyengar to the Grade of its Village Fellow.
- Distinguished Service Award Roy Paul Daniel’s Professor Award (2008-2010)
- Distinguished Rain Makers for Leadership and Research Award (2009-2010, LSU)
- Distinguished Research Award from Tunisian Mathematical Society, March 22, 2010, Tunisia
- Dr. Iyengar received an Honorary Doctorate in D.Sc(Eng). from Techno Global University, India, 2010
- Best Paper Award at 10th International Conference on Information Technology (IEEE-ICIT 2007) Roorkee, India, Co-authored with Ranjit Abraham and Jay B. Simha, “Medical Data-mining with a New Algorithm for Feature Selection and Naive Bayesian Classifier)
- World’s Best Technology Showcase Award 2007– A project titled “Fast Webpage Allocation on a Server Using Self-Organizing Properties of Neural Networks LA Tech- LSU)” authored by Dr. Phoa (LA Tech), Dr. S. S. Iyengar (LSU) and Dr. Kannan (LSU) has been selected in this highly competitive summit, May 15-18, Arlington, Texas.
- Homi Bhabha Visiting Professorship Award (2003-2006), IGCAR -Kalpakkam, India.
- Visiting Chared Professorship, Dept. of Computer and Communication Engineering, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan, (Aug. 2006 – July 31st, 2007).
- Distinguished Lecture Series speaker at the University of Florida, Gainesville, February 18th, 2005
Read more here.
- Best Paper Award at International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Application (AINA 2004) March 2004 at Tokyo. Co-authored with Parachuri, Durresi, and Kannan “Authenticated Autonomous System Traceback”.
- Awarded the prestigious Distinguished Alumnus Award, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- Awarded Roy Paul Daniels Distinguished Professor of Computer Science (2002)
This Chaired Professorship award was announced by the LSU College Development Council on Friday, November 1st by then current Dean Harold.
- Satish Dhawan Distinguished Professorship Award, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (July 2002)
- IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award (1998) Citation: Outstanding contributions in the area of data structures and algorithm in sensor fusion and image processing.
- IEEE Computer Society Meritorious Award (2000)
Citation: For outstanding contributions to IEEE professional activities and service.
- Distinguished Research Master Award, University Medal, and a Public Lecture made (12, May 1999, LSU)
- Cotton Hub Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence (May 1999, LSU)
- IEEE Certificate of Appreciation for presentation entitled “Autonomous Intelligent Machines,” Virginia, (Nov. 21, 1996)
- Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence in Research (May 1996, LSU)
- Tiger Athletic Foundation Teaching Award (May 1996, LSU)
- Awarded Jawaharlal Nehru Chaired Professorship – University of Hyderabad, India, (Dec. 1995)
- Awarded Williams Evans Fellowship, University of Otago, New Zealand (1991)
- Phi, Delta Kappa Research Award of Distinction, LSU, Baton Rouge (April 1989)
- Included in Who’s Who of Southwest, (1980)
- Best Teacher of the Year, JSU (1978)